How do I sign up to family vie?
1. Sign up by clicking on the sign up link and complete the form.
2. You’ll then be sent an email to the address you used for sign up. Click on the link to complete the process.
Alternatively you can login with your facebook or twitter account details.
How do I submit an article to family vie?
2. Click submit article button
3. Complete the fields and submit form
How do I change my profile picture (avatar)?
2. Click on your name (in the blue bar, top right)
3. Click on activity>profile
4. Click on public>change avatar
5. Upload an image from your computer. If you have a gravatar associated with your email address, then that will be used.
What do points mean and how do I get them?
Community members get points for completing different activities on family vie. The users with the most points are featured in the ‘Top contributors’ boxes around the site. We will also be running competitions with prizes for the top contributors from time to time.
You can see how to earn points on the points table page.
What stories appear on the homepage?
The stories that appear on the homepage are those that have received more than 5 votes in the past week
What does ‘Trending now’ mean?
Trending now describes stories that have a high number of votes compared to the amount of site since they were submitted to the site. They are the ‘hot’ stories that may not have enough votes to make it to the homepage yet, but will probably do so if they keep up the level of interest they are getting.
Can I post other peoples’ articles?
Yes, you can post any article you like.
Can I post an article in multiple categories?
Please only post in one category, or the site will soon become filled with duplicate content. Please be advised that we will remove any duplicates we come across, deleting the one in the least appropriate category.
If you have any other questions then please contact us